Friday 4 January 2013

Venting Citizen

Right... So I am not really sure what made me start this thing... But well I did and you my friend took out the time to read this. So I am really new at this and will take some getting used to so lets just see I don't even know if I will post again ever...But hey... what the heck right!!!!

Venting


So I am not the kind of a person who really gets upset with what goes on in the country.. I might get surprised once in a while but not really bothered.. I don't even watch the news often, the closest I have been to being upset by something on TV is when India loses matches on the trot(well... got used to it now). But the thing that happened in Delhi has been running in mind from some time now and I don't know why but like many others it has pissed me off and I don't know what to do about it rather I am just too busy( read lazy) to do anything about it... probably that's the reason I started this blog... I needed to vent.

What happened there is shameful agreed... people are upset angry accepted.. government is not doing enough given.. police is not effective again agreed... But within all this there have been very few and far people who really questioned the society at large!!! We as people or citizens of this country where do we stand?? Oppression towards women has been going on from ages...Take Sita for example from Ramayana.. Just to say... I daresay I was bemused by the reaction of people on social networking sites and BBM and whatsapp or whatever or wherever... putting Black dots as ur profile pics!! Setting up #safetyforwomen or any other for that matter... people are forwarding the horror that poor girl went through to people... please for god's sake have a conscience.... I personally was utterly disgusted by this... I had a chat with once guy once on this over bbm and he said to me if I have slightest of humanity I will put up a hash tag as my status... Is it suddenly cool that you are putting up a status by someone else's misery... It is very easy to do all that you just sit in ur couch or bed all comfy cozy change your picture put up a status and that's it we have done our part now its upto the govt to take care of this mess and punish those guys.... We will go to sleep...

Media has raked in the maximum advantage of this... they call her Nirbhaya... Anamika... Damini.. and a few more name which I cant remember now... They have created this whole huge situation and in most ways it is a good thing... Bring such things to light and then following up on it and keeping it in headlining news for such a long time is commendable in a country like ours where there is more news then the pages in the news paper... But what they have done in the process is that the actual issue is now lost some where! It went from the rape to judiciary to police to politics to politicians making dumb statements to Khaps to everything in the world... The have now just created so much confusion for people that they are now not able to concentrate on the actual thing of how to stop this thing from happening again... I dont blame them completely there have been so many things happening that it is difficult to concentrate on just one thing at a time... They need to run a TV channel at the end of the day... Arnab, Rajdeep all have tried to cover as much as they can..... and in the process rake in as much money as they can...


We have always known that our politicos are down right dumb (apart from a few).. They do dumb things... They say dumb things... Then they withdraw the statement... How much dumber can someone become... I mean every single time there is an issue there are at least 5 to 6 dumb statements..... Few examples below:-


I love the part when Arnab just owns Mukherjee....... Do I need to say more???? No...... OK...


Just to say... Mr. Bhagwat said that Rapes happen in India not Bharat.. What he implies is that it happens only in urban India and not rural India... this article shows differently ... And god knows the the number of cases that go unreported by fear of banishment from the village and lack of support from cops and judiciary....

All in all what I wanted to say we try to blame everyone in the world.. The thing I heard was that someone is blaming a singer for vulgar songs.. Khaps are blaming Chowmien!!!!!!!! Bollywood is responsible.. Please understand people that Movies and Songs are a mirror of society and not the other way round.... and Chowmien is well Chowmein its food.......

Some also go to say its the woman's fault.. she should stay at home and cook look after kids and husband.. Well.. I don't want to say anything to them... Blame everyone but the rapists... And on top leave on out of it cuz he is 17...

My last hope for her... Let her rest now... don't reliven the horrors for her and her family again.. And lets just see how fast the justice comes in this case.. And we forget that there are hundreds of other girls and women out there with whom similar atrocities have been inflicted hope they dont go unnoticed amid all this... My point with writing this was not to bring a change or be heard... I just needed to vent since I am not part of the protesters getting mauled by Delhi Police.. Since Morning to night daily I work.. I don't have time for all this I am sure nor do you... Lets not bring a change... Lets not awake... First lets just look at ourselves for once...


Fake Citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment